Link to pdf on this site: Harm_Reduction__Tech_Security__Post_SESTA_1_
Link to pdf on Survivors Against SESTA
Wording from pdf inline:
Harm Reduction Tech Security: Post SESTA
- BACK UP
- Download backups of e-mails, google drive, websites, twitter, instagram, Fetlife…etc. Take screenshots of websites as well in case something happens.
- Emailing these backups to a free encrypted mail is a potential free storage solution for smaller backups.
- MAKE NEW EMAILS
- Make an encrypted email, encourage anyone you communicate with to to do the same because emails can only be end-to-end encrypted if everyone you’re communicating with also has an encrypted email service!
- Use different emails for ad, social media, and financial technologies/payment providers. Using different emails for different parts of your life can reduce the probability of getting banned from platforms.
- FREE ENCRYPTED PHONE AND TEXT
- Burner phone number + signal = anonymous and encrypted text and voice.
- Step up your phone security in general: turn off thumbprint access for logging in, set along passcode, turn off location tracking on all apps.
- Set Signal on auto-delete, make sure you talk to everyone on Signal (or a similar end-to-end encrypted messaging app)
- If you are able to have two seperate phones, consider it.
- PUBLIC PROFILES
- Because platforms are censoring and shadowbanning people based on keywords or content, some people are rebranding to profiles such as consultant, teacher, guide, artist, media distributor, influencer, etc.
- Some people are removing “problematic language” from their sites/social media.
- OFF SHORE
- If you have the $$ and a website, consider hosting offshore because websites hosted on sites such as Squarespace and Wix might get taken down.
- CONSIDER A VPN SUCH AS WIRECUTTER.