Where do I find a surgeon?
- HealthyTrans maintains a list of bottom surgeons and FFS surgeons who accept insurance
- There are multiple efforts being made among the trans community to create databases of transgender care providers.
- http://www.transbucket.com/ (make an account to access listings)
- Trans Media Network Websites (excellent, accurate information but some surgeons are featured because they are paying advertisers)
- Professional associations like the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH) and the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) maintain search tools on their websites to find providers who are members of these associations.
- Local LGBT Centers (health centers, advocacy groups, political groups) might maintain local referral lists. You can also ask at in-person support groups or on email listservs that serve a local area if anyone is aware of surgeons.
Where do I find help with insurance?
- The Movement Advancement Project maintains a map of state health insurance rules about transgender care
- Out 2 Enroll offers help with navigating affordable care act plans
- The National Center for Transgender Equality maintains many healthcare specific resources, including information about transgender Medicare coverage
I need legal help
- Transcend legal will consult on transgender insurance cases for a 75$ fee
- The ACLU has an LGBT discrimination help desk
- Lambda legal has a help desk and can sometimes offer local referrals
There may be more local legal resources, including resources that will take on your case without charging you money.